Sunday, April 1, 2012

f yes

Today was probably the best day in Lagoon history. 
{Exaggeration, but it totally made the top 5.}
I was supposed to be the roving supervisor and my coordinator Cesar was going to be shadowing me all day to help me figure it all out. 
So I'm driving to work all nervous and such, not knowing what I even do first; and there is rain pouring on my car!
I get there, clock in, get everything put together, and start walking out the the park with Cesar. 
I am getting completely drenched, and to make matters worse: it wasn't just rain. SNOW WAS FALLING.
We walk through security, past the whack-a-mole game, past the fountain, and over to the bumper cars, {all this time I'm struggling trying to figure out how to put my radio on} as this point I flip on my radio to listen to the traffic. 
All I hear are other people's numbers, nothing too interesting. And then, all of the sudden and out of the blue, I hear: "Attention all rides division personnel the park has been closed for today."
Almost as if on cue, Cesar and I both make a complete 180 and start BOOKING it back to the rides office. We're high-fiveing and I'm BRIMMING with happiness.
People: Lagoon NEVER closes the entire park.
I'm pretty sure everybody was looking at me as I was yelling "F YES! F YES! F YES!" over, and over, and over. I really could NOT contain my excitement! I was so bummed that I was going to have to miss both days of general conference, and when I got this news I was ecstatic.
Bravo Lagoon. Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment