Saturday, May 11, 2013

Garlic Pasta

It's no secret around town that I love love love to cook. I'm up to try anything new, and as my husband will tell you- anything expensive! {What can I say, I have a taste for fine food (: }
But, as any busy {on a budget} newlywed will tell you, sometimes there aren't enough hours in a day to do everything and THEN cook an excellent meal. 
Usually when I make pasta it's a combination of Ragu & Spaghetti, you get the point. No real magic there. But i've decided to branch out and combine a couple of recipes to create this one Italian masterpiece!
We have been enjoying this creation during the last month or so, as it is easy to prepare and delicious as sin.
Without further ado, I present to you:


Ingredients
2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
4 tbsp butter
¼  tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 cups chicken stock
½ lb linguine 
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (or, I have used the bottle kind as well)

Directions
In a pot, bring the olive oil to medium-low heat. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the butter until melted. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil. 

Once it is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook for as long as the box’s directions indicate. Reduce the stove to medium heat and mix in the parmesan until completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley. Enjoy all night long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment