Saturday, June 15, 2013

{Faux} Amish Bread

I have been gaining 1000 lbs over here by eating this delicious bread that I found online. 
I absolutely LOVE Amish bread. It has the perfect consistency, and it tastes like homemade heaven. 
The problem is that I have only been lucky enough to receive a "starter" once in my life. And I took it for granted. 

BUT! With this delicious recipe you'll be able to get your fix and gain a thousand lbs at the SAME TIME! {If you're into that...}

AMISH BREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE STARTERS
{We're actually the cool kids, AKA.}
{Original Recipe from Redfly Creations}

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk OR 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 cups flour {sifted}
2 teaspoons baking soda

Cinnamon/sugar mixture:

2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon 

Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs.  Add milk, flour, and baking soda.  Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan).  Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter in each pan.  Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping.  Swirl with a knife.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min.  or until toothpick tester come clean.  
Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.

I tried putting half of my batch in a muffin tin {since I only had one loaf pan and didn't want to buy another}, but it came out horridly. {Possibly because I baked it for as long as the bread, whoops!}




And the husband review is: "Excellent!" He even shared it with one of his friends! YAY! Friendship bread!! 

Try it, and please let me know what you think in the comments!
Thank you and have a nice evening. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment