Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lemon Rice

I have always loved rice with my fish, however I have always just made the kind out of the box since I never had a good recipe. 
Tonight I figured I would just make my own and I'm telling you: I could have eaten it ALL NIGHT LONG. 

I cooked my rice like normal in my rice cooker, however I added a little bit less water than normal as I didn't want it to be quite sticky-rice and more al dente.
I then zested one lemon, cut it in half and squeezed both sides until it was completely dry.
When my rice was halfway done cooking I added the zest. 
And when it was completely done I added all the squeezed juice, a little bit of pepper (to taste) and about 2 tbsp of softened butter.
I then let it sit, covered, in the rice cooker for a few minutes until it all soaked in. 

I have never had better rice in my life. I LOVE LEMON and will probably make this every single day so often from this day forward.


For the Tilapia I just placed it in a lined pan filled with 9 parts lemon juice 1 part lime juice, pepper and some salt to taste, and topped with a tbsp of butter. I then broiled it for about 10-15 minutes. DELISH.

I'm linking up with All Things Thursday! Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment