Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Working IT

"IT" being my body. 

The term "freshman 15" is nothing new. And I've decided that marriage is the same way, but you gain the "I'm so much in love and marriage is the best thing ever-so I'm going to stay home and cuddle instead of work out 15." 

Now I haven't gained exactly 15 lbs since being married, probably closer to 5-10. But it still bothers me. I've always been a "skinny girl." Naturally skinny until my late teens, then forced skinny until about age 19. And now I'm 21 and weigh __. Come on, I'm not going to really tell you how much I weigh! Because it doesn't matter. {And I don't know..} Weight is the stupidest thing ever. That sounds really immature, but I firmly believe that if we didn't have scales, life would be a helluva lot better!

Think about it, you wouldn't have to worry about being the perfect weight, the only way you could compare yourself to others would be by looking at them! But even then, we're all different heights, so it would be a completely different ball game!

{This is soooo not what I intended for my post.}

Lately I have been making the goal of getting fit for summer! {19 weeks, y'all!} But it doesn't involve losing a "certain amount of pounds." In fact, I don't even own a scale! There is one at work that tempts me, but I can proudly say that I have only used it 2 times! The way I measure my success is in the way I feel.

Do I feel happy after a work out? YES.

Do I have more energy the days that I choose to eat healthy? YES.

Can I sleep better after I long workout? YES.

These things make me feel happy & strong! So I work it! If I'm being completely honest I can tell you that I definitely compare my body to others around me. Especially in the summer. But the feelings I have of eating healthy-ish and working out COMPLETELY outweigh having to live up to that random hot blonde at the pool.

Do what works for you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I totally know what you mean about gaining weight after being married. I'm going on 20+ pounds and am trying to figure out when my diet went downhill! I'm still at that point where I'd rather cuddle than work out, but I definitely am starting to identify better with the "after workout me" than the "before workout me". Thanks for the inspiration! I love your easy going point of view!

    ReplyDelete