Thursday, April 24, 2014

Long Time

Seriously. It's been months since I've blogged. I don't believe i've been that awful at blogging since I started this thing! Sadly, I have a few new recipes to post, complete with pictures, but I've just been too dang busy living my life to have enough time to post to a blog that maybe 3 people read. Updates?

This last Sunday was just Easter. It was also our first full day in our new apartment. My husband and I are currently occupying the downstairs of my Grandma and Grandpa's house in Highland, UT. Moving day was a blast! I dumpster dived for boxes the week prior which included a short episode of twisting my ankle. (Booo!) Also, the night before the move I showed Erron my secret hiding spot, which to his surprise turned out to be on the roof of our apartment building. We then woke up the next morning, cashed in our free Chick-Fil-A breakfast (Can I say ~WOW!~) and the elders quorum came by around 10 and got us out of there by noon! Also, special thanks to my brothers from another mother (cliche?) Kit and Sam for making the trip down to Highland to help us unpack!



 Don't be fooled by our smiles, that was probably the 100th picture I made Erron pose for (since I looked like crap in every single one. *Sidenote: can you believe that is the BEST picture of me? I'm prematurely aging, right??) and for me, Since bawling my eyes out Saturday night, I have spent my days unpacking and starting to make this space our new home. It would be an understatement to say I was devastated to leave our brand new, 4th floor apartment, in Pleasantville USA, to move to Utah Valley. HOWEVER. I am finding it a bunch of fun to live with my grandparents. Even though I do try to stay out of their way, I am really excited to learn more about them and grow closer to them.

Also, now (much to Erron's dismay) I have a personal photographer to snap pics of our life NON selfie style. ie, Easter Sunday:



Thanks Grandma-dearest (;

Next item on the agenda, 

I haven't been employed for some time now. (Love it/absolutely hate it, sorta thing.) And while considering my future I have made some fairly big decisions about what I want to do with my education. As many of you know, I currently have about enough credits for a degree, however the problem is that there is no degree for going to random classes. So, I am at a turning point. I know that I want a degree in something. I don't want to just be one of those women who don't graduate in anything past high school. The only problem, past and present, is WHAT to get that degree in? There have been many programs on my mind. Culinary arts being the top of the list. However, I want to make a difference in the world. And I have talent cooking, I can do that without a degree. What I can't do, is change the world somehow by baking a beautiful cake or whatnot. 

And finally,

HOLY COW DOES TMJ SUCK. I have had constant pain for about a week now. It's enough to drive any sane person crazy! And i'm already crazy, so where do I go from here!? I have an appointment with the dentist next Monday, and hopefully he can help me out. But really, times are tough in the mouth of Chels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment