Wednesday, May 7, 2014

BLT & Potato Wedges

A couple weeks ago I decided that I was going to attempt to make the perfect BLT. I have this wonderful artisan bread recipe, that is easy to make, so I just built everything off of that.


I know that is one crappy photo, but seriously it's the best one I've got. 

Homemade BLT's (seriously, this isn't rocket science..)
French Bread
Bacon
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Mayonnaise (or plain greek yogurt-for a healthier choice.)
Mustard

I start by making my sauce. Use a couple Tbsp of mayo, and mix with equal or less Tbsp of mustard. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
Toast your bread slightly, and spread sauce over both sides. 
Pile it full of goodies, and devour like a maniac. Mmmm. (:

Baked Potato Wedges
Approx. 6 Potatoes
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 cloves of Garlic, minced & mashed
1/2 tsp Rosemary
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Salt

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. (How do I do that little degree symbol on the computer? Not tech savvy here.)
Slice your potatoes into small wedges. I usually cut in half and slice each side into about 4 wedges from there.
Place in large bowl and drizzle olive oil over. 
Mix potatoes around until coated with oil. 
Proceed to sprinkle garlic and spices into the bowl, stirring frequently. 

Place potatoes on their skins on a tin-foil covered cookie sheet. Make sure to evenly distribute them over the sheet so they will all get the same exposure!

Cook for 35 minutes, or until browned to perfection! 

Eat entire pan before anybody else gets home, therefore not having to share, also eliminating any guilt about eating all those fries. But don't forget--they are healthy! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment