Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I'm *Officially* Feeling 22

Currently my house is a disaster zone. Courtesy of birthday '14. 

Last night was amazing. And I desperately hope that this post doesn't come off "braggy" or anything, I just have to express with all you internet friends and strangers how incredibly loved and blessed I feel. Obviously I do not deserve anything that happened this last weekend, and I definitely don't need gifts to make me feel blessed, but WOW I am completely overjoyed with the birthday haze that still lingers in the air.

The second I opened my eyes yesterday morning Erron started to sing the "Happy Birthday" song. Seriously, right that second! Which was proceeded by breakfast in bed. AKA cake, duh. And a morning full of snuggling and sleeping in. When he finally took off to the office, I proceeded about my day as normal. Grocery shopping included. Although I did indulge myself with a Starbucks cotton candy frappuccino. My favorite! (: {Also, for all my LDS peeps that worry I'm drinkin' coffee on my 22nd B-day, it doesn't contain any coffee. Just thought I'd put that out there since someone already questioned that. Haha}

When Erron finally came home he made me cover my eyes as he snuck my presents into the man-cave to wrap up all pretty-like just to make me happy!

When he was finished he came out he let me open one of the presents {of his choosing} and it was TWIZZLERS! I don't eat very much candy nowadays so this was a big treat! My Grandmother then took some couples "birthday" shots of us





and then we were off to Chuck E Cheese! 

Oh my goodness I hadn't been there since I was a little kid and we had SO much fun. Lots of skee ball and air hockey, and a couple other odd ball games. (: We ended up with a total of 70 tickets and Erron let me choose the prizes. I decided on candy & a crazy straw! {YAY!} Erron then took me to my favorite restaurant, Rubio's, where I had a free meal! On the way home I rolled downt the windows and blasted Taylor Swifts' "22" and sang out the top of my lungs.

When we got home it was opening presents time! 



The first one I opened was Lovestruck, a Vera Wang perfume that was the first present Erron ever gave to me and I'm almost out! 


Awkward foot aside, I loved Erron's card. (:


After that came the "big" present. I seriously had no idea, the things I thought it could be weren't the right weight and shape for the box, so I was puzzled!



IT WAS A SODA STREAM! I remember telling Erron I wanted one probably 2 years ago or so as we were strolling through the store. He laughed, since he doesn't like carbonation, and I knew that I would never get one. I mean, who needs a "make your own" soda maker? Well he hung on to the idea until now, and got a great deal on it & we both found out that you can adjust the carbonation level. So it can be normal, LIGHT, or heavy. Soda water is my favorite drink ever! So even if I don't end up making my own "soda" at least I can have homemade bubbly water!

Seriously, so incredible.

Here is a collection of my gifts:

My mom suggested that I set up a wishlist on Amazon, and I'm telling you guys, it is an amazing invention! Erron told his parents about it on the DL, and on Sunday I was surprised with the T-Fal set of pans that I had registered for! Such a shock! And so much better than cash! My family did the same as well. I received through UPS today the mandoline slicer, cake stand, pyrex glass tupperware, and millennium barbie that I wanted. {I got the barbie when I was about 8, in the year 2000, but as the typical fun loving child that I was I pretty much trashed her.} Ethan saw it on my registry and even offered to pay for it with his own money! How sweet!

Included in the picture is my large diet coke that I treated myself to at Rubios {complete with my crazy straw.} All the cards from family, including the watercolor one my sister designed specially for me:


I'm totally framing it! And the cupcakes my Grandma and Grandpa got for me! I am waiting until tonight to try them with Erron-so I'm sure they'll taste just a gorgeous as they look!



I neglected to include two items in my pictures out of haste. Bobby & Mandy got me a huge picnic basket! Yes, it's a cooler, but doesn't picnic basket sound....well....cooler?? 


And Kit snuck me the shell that he got for me in Cancun. The reason I say he snuck it to me, is because I refused to take it home. I've already told you how I don't collect shells from the beach anymore, so while it was so thoughtful that he gave it to me in Mexico, I declined as I wanted another cute little creature to have a home! Well that little stinker totally found a way for me to accept it, and honestly it has such a great story behind it that I'm glad that he did!


Thank you so much to everyone for making this last weekend such a fun birthday experience!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh your birthday looked absolutely perfect! I love to do the present pile up on Christmas Day so I totally responded to your picture of your presents all together! You are clearly so loved, and you deserve every ounce of it! Happy birthday, Chels! 22 looks fabulous on you!!

    ReplyDelete