Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Government Shutdown

I thought since this doesn't happen very often that I would write a post concerning the government shutdown today. Basically the House of Representatives cut all spending to the government starting at midnight last night, in order to try to stave off Obamacare. {Or at least that's my take on it?} The last time there was a shutdown was in 2011, but the budget deal was presented to the president in the "11th hour" thus, it was a shutdown, but one of maybe a couple hours. The time before that was in 1995, and i'm not going to lie to you, I was 3. I don't know what happened there. {And no, I'm not going to Google it.}

I think I can speak for all of us {yes, democrats and republicans alike} when I say that the government shutting down is never a good thing. Since the republicans have the majority vote in the House of Representatives, they are the ones who started this, but I don't think it was ever a desirable option.
People are getting cray-cray up on the twitter-sphere. #nogovernment #notgoingtoschool #parkedinanintersection #norules #nopolice #yolo

No.

That's not what's happening. I hate when people try to be funny and just look so freaking stupid. Only the "non-essential" parts of the government shut down. Police officers don't ever get time off. Firemen don't ever get time off. I think you get my point. What really makes me mad about this is that those in Washington get to cash their paychecks as well. Personally, if you are in charge of shutting down the government and making innocent people lose their pay, you should lose some of yours as well. Equal rights yo.

Hopefully this doesn't last very long. I think I read somewhere that the one in 1995 lasted for 21 days. That's going to be no bueno if that happens again. But just keep our government in your prayers, and I know that everything will work out the way God intends it to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment